Thursday, June 25, 2009

Here's a tip

I remember as a young man (even though I still consider myself such) washing my car every week...unless of course it rained. Growing up on the East Coast it seemed like it rained every single weekend like clockwork. It was like nature had a way of tricking me into believing that this would be the weekend that I would be able to wash my car...nope, not this weekend...nope, not this weekend either...nope, don't even try it. By the time the sun came out on the weekend it was December 21st, GREAT!

Ok that was a slight exaggeration, NOT. It really was like that. Seriously though, growing up I looked forward to washing my car. After all I didn't want the ladies to see me driving my busted car full of dirt. I used to own a 1966 Datsun 411. It was busted, but it was my first car. I think I paid $35.00 for it. I wonder what the value of that car would be today if I had kept it and had it restored? Hmmm, think I will surf the net to see what it is going for...I will be right back. Talk amongst yourselves.
This is what I found out. The car that I bought for only $35.00 and had junked for $25.00 would go for...get this...$5,900.00 had I restored it. Who would have thought that that piece of fine Japanese engineering would have fetched that kind of price? It says that it had 60 horse power. Really? I am thinking that my lawnmower has more power than that. I remember installing a horrible shag carpet in that thing. I also put this black gorilla fur in the rear window sill and on the dash. It eventually faded to light gray. I even painted the 12 inch rims candy apple red. Oh I almost forgot about the really cool red racing stripe. The fact that the front seat was broken and could not go back only enhanced the experience. As busted as this car may have been I still washed it (when it was not raining) every weekend.

My next car was a 1969 Ford Country Squire station wagon. That car was huge! I was like cruising on a Royal Caribbean cruiseship. That thing used so much gas that I would charge all of my friends money to get in the car...it was a 9 passenger behemouth. I was heartbroken when my Dad sold it. Huh? How could he sell my car without my permission? Well, apparently I still owed him money on it. Yes my Dad bought it for me and I was supposed to pay him back. Oh well.

So whether you are driving a 1966 Datsun or a 2006 Black BMW Convertible with black leather interior take pride in your ride. Wash and wax that thing often. Did you know that a clean car gets better gas mileage? Just kidding. But it feels like it does. Our Whip Wash Body Shampoo is super concentrated, smells great and won't harm your clearcoat finish. Then make sure you hand dry your car...air drying your car will only add water spots that could be etched into your paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment